Rafael Corzo de la Colina
Lawyer from Universidad Católica Santa María (Arequipa). Partner of Miranda & Amado Abogados since 1999. He was an associate of Mayer, Brown & Platt in Chicago (1997) and Deputy Legal Manager of BBVA Banco Continental (1993 -1995).
His professional practice is focused on banking regulatory advice, insurance, bankruptcy issues, transactions, foreign investment and complex litigation; activity for which he is recognized annually by specialized guides such as The Legal 500, IFLR, Who’s Who Legal and Chambers & Partners, publication where he was recognized in its latest edition as Star Individual.
He has extensive experience in the financial services sector and has an extensive portfolio of clients in the industry, including global corporations in the banking sector, as well as other financial and insurance institutions operating in Peru and the region.
- Universidad Católica de Arequipa, Lawyer (1991).
- Insolvency and Corporate Restructuring
- Capital Market, Financing & Financial Regulation
- Insurance and Reinsurance
- Miranda & Amado Abogados (1999 – present).
- Estudio Luis Echecopar García Abogados (1995-1999).
- Mayer, Brown & Platt, Chicago (1997).
- Gerente Legal Adjunto, BBV Banco Continental (1992-1995).
- What should be the future of regulation and supervision in the financial system? In: Enfoque Derecho. Legal News Briefing No. 78. Lima 2008.
- Almost like turning the other cheek. Should the compensation work as a guarantee mechanism in the event of insolvency? (Co-authored with Eduardo Cordova). In: Revista Peruana de Derecho de la Empresa: Financing and Guarantees No. 63. Lima, 2007.
- Interest rates on operations outside the financial system. In: Enfoque Derecho. Legal News Briefing No. 66. November 2007.
- Negotiable Mortgage Credit Title. We have a new Regulation. In: Enfoque Derecho. Legal News Briefing. July 2007.
- Professor of Financial Institutions, Universidad Peruana de Ciencias Aplicadas–UPC (2000 – 2003).
- Visiting Professor of Banking Law, Universidad de Piura (1999).