Alberto Delgado Venegas
LL.M. from Centre for Energy, Petroleum and Mineral Law and Policy (with honors), University of Dundee, Scotland, United Kingdom; Lawyer from Universidad de Lima. Partner at Miranda & Amado since 2008, he joined the firm as an associate in 2002. Alberto leads the mining and environmental team of the firm. He regularly counsels mining companies that invest in Peru and his practice covers from corporate transactions to project finance, usually related to natural resources. His experience in these fields includes advising oil and gas companies and private equity investors in forestry and agribusiness. Due to his training as a corporate lawyer, he is also dedicated to commercial matters in general, including mergers and acquisitions in diverse sectors. Alberto had an important participation as part of the team that advised Peru LNG (Hunt Oil-SK-Repsol) in the development of their Camisea II Project, with an investment of US$3,800 million, organizing and leading the multidisciplinary team that negotiated the easement and access rights for the pipeline of approximately 408 kilometers. Advised The Mosaic Company in the acquisition, together with Mitsui, of a 60% economic interest in the Bayovar phosphate project that Vale operates for US $ 660 million. He also participated in the US$ 150 million financing of Gold Fields’ gold and copper Cerro Corona project. Alberto worked as an associate in the Finance Group of Mayer Brown in London where he participated in the project financing of mines located in Spain, Mexico and Finland.
- Center for Energy, Petroleum and Mineral Law and Policy, University of Dundee (Masters in Law – LL.M. (2000).
- Rio Tinto plc. Scholarship – Foreign Commonwealth Office, Chevening Scholar (1999).
- Universidad de Lima, Lawyer (1997).
- Miranda & Amado Abogados (2002-2007, 2008 – present).
- Mayer Brown International, Londres (2007-2008).
- Estudio Grau (1998-1999, 2000-2002).
- Steps towards the modernization of environmental management in the country. National Environmental Policy and Law on Water Resources. In: Desde Adentro. Journal of the National Society of Mining, Petroleum and Energy. N° 68, April. Lima 2009.
- New General Environmental Law Comes Into Force. In: International Law Office Newsletter. April 3, 2006 (Co-authored with Luis Marcelo De Bernardis).
- The Government and conflicts in mining. In: Desde Adentro Nº 16, December. Lima 2004.
- A clear rule for the registration of mining contracts. In: CONEXIÓN ENFOQUE of THEMIS. Virtual Journal N° 6. Lima. March 2004.
- How to make the mining concession market more efficient? The necessity to make the mining contracting more flexible. In: ADVOCATUS N° 6. Lima, 2002.
- New Investment Conditions in Peru. In: MINING JOURNAL. London, May 4, 2001.
- A Comparative Study on Security of Tenure under Argentine, Chilean and Peruvian Mining Legislation – with Focus on the Scope of Title and Mining Contracts. Centre for Energy, Petroleum and Mineral Law & Policy. University of Dundee, Masters in Law’s thesis (LL.M.), 1999.
- Professor of Mining Law in Universidad de Piura (2010 – present).
- Professor of the Investments and Finance of Natural Resources Exploitation Projects Course of the Graduate Program in Natural Resources Law in Universidad de Lima (2007).